Blast Engineering Forum of Asia-Pacific Region 2007 (1st time notification)
Blast Engineering Forum of Asia-Pacific Region 2007
(1st time notification)
Date 8th-11th May 2007
Sponsor: Blast Engineering Association of
Coordinator: Blast Engineering Association of
Guangdong Hongda Blast Engineering Co. Ltd
Guizhou Xinlian Blast Engineering Co. Ltd
Rock and Earthwork Engineering Company,
Blast Engineering Association of China is going to organize a forum named “Blast Engineering Forum of Asia-Pacific Region
The forum extends the warmest welcome to all the experts, professors and engineers who are working in the fields of research of technology as well as the applications on Industrial explosives and blast engineering!
Honourable Chairman: Academician Feng Shuyu
Professor Kang Yi
Chairman: Academician Wang Xuguang
Vice-Chairman: Professor Qin Zhaohu
Professor Zheng Bingxu
Committee Member from
Professor Yu Yalun, Professor Wang Zhongqian, Professor Wang Yunmin, Researcher Wang Maoling, Professor Wang Yaohua,
Professor Li Yongchi; Professor Li Lin, Professor Liu Yuntong, Professor Liu Honggang, PhD Liu Dianshu
General Manger Du Fangxian; Professor Wang Hao, Professor Xiao Chun, Professor Yang Jun, Chief of Department of Ministry Yang Fu, Professor Zhang Zhengyu, Researcher Zhang Yongzhe, Professor Miao Yangang, Reseacher Zhou Jiahan, Bureau chief Lin Jusheng; Professor Xu Tianrui, Researcher Gu Yicheng; Professor
Foreign Committee Member
Dr. BHANDARI Sushil (
Mr. CARLOS P. Orlandi (
Dr. Chang-Ha Ryu (
Mr. CHIAPETTA Frank (
Mr. Francisco Mardones B.(
Mr. HUSTRULID William (
Prof. KANEKO Katsuhiko (
Prof. KUNIHISA Katsuyama (
Mr. Mckenzie Keith Cameron (
Prof. MOHANTY Bibhu (
Mr. Oon Hoe Sing (
Mr. RICHARDS Alan B.(
Prof. Sergei D. Viktorov (
Mr. SPATHIS Alex (
Dr. SUMIYAA Ganjargal (
Mr. WU Chengqing (SINGAPOR)
Secretary General: Researcher Zhang Shixun, Professor Ju Shijie
Principle of the Forum: To strengthen academic exchange and technological cooperation among blasting industry in Asia Pacific regions; to discuss the opportunities, challenges and solutions with which the blast engineering in this century faces; to forecast the scenario of the applications of the blast engineering; to develop the international blasting technology.
Contributions to the forum are expected to cover:
1) Research and applied research on blast engineering: Surface blasting (i.e. long-hole type blasting, chamber blasting, rock and earth control blasting); underground and shaft sinking blasting, underwater blasting, groundwork reinforcement by blasting, demolition blasting, blasting processing, oil and gas well blasting and other blasting of special types etc.
2) Theoretical research on blasting: detonation theory of explosives, Rock fragmentation mechanism by blasting; Value simulation on the process of blasting; Problems on dynamics and geology in blasting, dynamic testing in blasting; Measurement technology, the equipments and instruments relating to explosives and blasting, design of blast engineering and optimization of blast index; analysis and assessment on the effect of the blasting etc.
3) Explosives and initiating device: Industrial explosive of good quality and safety; initiating device and technology, device for blasting only, research and applied research on high-accuracy electronic detonator, mechanization of explosives tampering into blast hole etc
4) Rock drilling machinery and construction technology and other construction machinery and instruments etc.
5) Blasting safety management: Blasting safety and environmental control; research on assessment criteria on blast safety, technology on the reduction of blast vibration, shock wave, dust and noise, Preventive measures of blasting accident; examination and demolition of blasting material etc.
Requirements to Contributions
1) For domestic author, please submit primarily the summary in Both Chinese and English (including title of the article, the author, name of the institution and contact detail) together with the key words. The summary must include the purpose, methodology, achievement and major conclusions of the research and has better not be too simplified and 200-300 words being the minimum length. Key words are preferably set to three to five words. Contributions are supposed to be sent via E-mail to section of secretary of the forum by 20th August 2006. For details, please refer to the attachments.
2) The author will be notified once the summary went through the assessment of the experts. Those authors having gone thorough the initial screening is expected to send the full text contribution in both Chinese and English via Email to the section of secretary by 30th December 2006.
3) The printing format the paper size of the short-listed contributions will be notified separately.
4) The working language of the forum is English. Simultaneous interpretation may be provided by the association for those who have a considerable difficulty of English speaking and listening.
Schedule of the Contribution
1) Summary submission deadline: 20th August 2006
2) Date of Notification of the short-listed: 10 October 2006
3) Deadline of the arrival of the full-text contributions: 30th December 2006
The section of secretary is established for this forum. The section is responsible for collections and assessment of the contributions, publication of the collected contribution and the relevant conference-related work.
Main contactor: Cui Mingying
E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 010-68344564
Address: Section of secretary for Asia Pacific forum, Blast Engineering Association of China
Contributors and forum participants please filling in the following form via Email to Section of Secretary.
□ I would like to join the forum.
□ I will submit thesis to the forum, now enclose the summary.
Title of the thesis
Name of the author:
Institutions in which the author serves:
Address and Contactor:
Telephone (both landline and mobile):
Summary of the thesis in both English and Chinese (including title, author, institution, postcode, excerpts and key words):